5.12.2013

Drawing braids in 5 easy steps

I was sketching a model for some other tutorial I promised someone and then I thought 'Hey! I've always had a problem with drawing braids and it's not as difficult as it looks, I should make a tutorial about it first!'. So, here you are, an easy way of drawing braids :)






1. First draw two lines making a general shape of the braid you want to make. The farther they are from themselves, the wider will be the braid.


2. Then make a line through the middle of the entire braid (if it's a digital sketch/linart, you can copy one of the lines and put it in the middle).



3. Make a "v" shapes on the braid. They don't have to be simmetric.



4. Now the hardest part. You have to make every braid part roundish on the outstide. And, if needed, correct the "Vs" a little bit.



5. Add a shading/colouring, if you wish.


Et voila! Done!
Not difficult at all, huh? :)

2 comments:

  1. THIS SEEMS GREAT!!






    NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kidding this really is great.. sorry for joking o.o

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I love them and I promise I don't bite. Unless it's a Full Moon ;D